54: 2017 Year in Review – Art of the Sermon
Thanks for checking out this episode of Art of the Sermon! Be sure to subscribe through Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, or your favorite podcast app. If you enjoy this episode, leave a review on our podcast’s page in the iTunes store. This will help others discover the show!
In October 2017, this podcast celebrated its 2-year anniversary! Thank you all so much for listening and supporting the show for the last two years!
On this year-end episode, we look back at some memorable moments from 2017 on the podcast. Whether you’ve been a listener from the beginning or you have joined in along the way, this is a great recap.
Hint, hint: It would also be a perfect episode to share with friends or colleagues who have yet to listen!
Finally, every episode is available in full for listening and downloading completely free. Check out the archives at ArtOfTheSermon.com to find episodes you may have missed or favorites you’d like to listen to again.
Carey Nieuwhof – Preaching as leadership (2:17)
Adam Hamilton – Preaching that connects with the non-religious (5:08)
Jorge Acevedo – The benefits of team sermon planning (8:37)
Sophia Agtarap – Finding the right voices to speak (12:32)
Olu Brown – Building a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive congregation (15:46)
Alisha Gordon – The fatherless of Scripture and single mothers (18:25)
Dalton Rushing – Preaching when you’re not feeling it (21:12)
Narcie Jeter – Self care and learning to really trust God (24:15)
Ryan O’Neal – Guiding principles for creative work (27:51)
Brad Montague – The enduring power of hope (31:17)
- 50: Preaching as Leadership – An Interview with Carey Nieuwhof
- 41: Preaching with Purpose – An Interview with Rev. Adam Hamilton
- 31: Team Sermon Preparation – An Interview with Rev. Jorge Acevedo
- 47: The Power of Public Theology – An Interview with Sophia Agtarap
- 42: Ministry in a Big City – An Interview with Rev. Olu Brown
- 45: Single Moms and the Church – An Interview with Alisha Gordon
- 49: Preaching Through a Dry Season – An Interview with Rev. Dalton Rushing
- 33: When Cancer Steals Your Voice – An Interview with Rev. Narcie Jeter
- 53: Songwriting and the Art of Christmas – An Interview with Ryan O’Neal (Sleeping At Last)
- 36: Love, Joy, Creativity, and Space Jam – An Interview with Brad Montague
Next Episode arrives January 4, 2018!
An interview with Brent Gambrell, author and President of Brent Gambrell Ministries (Nashville, TN)
Connect with the Show
I would love to hear what you think about the show—especially this episode. You can connect with the show and send me your feedback through the following channels:
Facebook – Facebook.com/ArtOfTheSermon
You can also comment on the the post below!
Art of the Sermon is a project by Dan Wunderlich of Defining Grace. Learn more at DefiningGrace.com
Sign up to receive resources and updates from Defining Grace in your inbox.
Including a FREE PDF with 10 Action Steps for Better Church Announcements!