69: Responding to Negative Feedback – Art of the Sermon
Thanks for checking out this episode of Art of the Sermon! Be sure to subscribe through Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, or your favorite podcast app. If you enjoy this episode, leave a review on our podcast’s page in the iTunes store. This will help others discover the show!
Topic: Responding to Negative Feedback
Michael Bierut and negative feedback (0:09)
Michael’s response (1:52)
Acknowledge that the feedback is heard (2:38)
Give a window into the intention (3:37)
Be realistic about next steps (4:29)
Offer positive reinforcement (5:17)
Create a space for unity (6:23)
Bonus tip: no one gets a full page (7:12)
Links to things mentioned in the episode
- Michael Bierut
- MasterCard Explains Its New Logo, Both What’s New and What Isn’t – Adweek
- I’m With Her: What I learned designing a logo for Hillary Clinton
- Big Ten Logo
- Negative Space: Logo Design with Michael Bierut – 99% Invisible
- 025: A Career in Preaching – Part 1 with Bishop Ken Carter – Art of the Sermon – Defining Grace
- 026: Preaching as a Tool for Unity – Part 2 with Bishop Ken Carter – Art of the Sermon – Defining Grace
Share Your Favorite Quotes
Instagram/Facebook (Click on image for full size)
Twitter (Click on image for full size)
Next Episode arrives November 15, 2018!
Connect with the Show
I would love to hear what you think about the show—especially this episode. You can connect with the show and send me your feedback through the following channels:
Facebook – Facebook.com/ArtOfTheSermon
You can also comment on the the post below!
Art of the Sermon is a project by Dan Wunderlich of Defining Grace. Learn more at DefiningGrace.com
Sign up to receive resources and updates from Defining Grace in your inbox.
Including a FREE PDF with 10 Action Steps for Better Church Announcements!